St. Louis County Residents
Individuals who meet PTI’s basic service eligibility, found on our eligibility page. Participation fees are required for all participants, the fees vary based on the county of residence, availability of funded spots and funding eligibility.
Forms needed to apply include:
Pathways to Independence (PTI) receives partial funding from the Productive Living Board (PLB). Participation by St. Louis County residents is on a fee basis with assistance from donations and foundations. Scholarships are available to assist with fees. For more information on scholarships, please contact Jodi Woessner at 314-863-0202 ext. 2.
General Qualifications include:
- Are at least 18 years old AND
- Be diagnosed with a higher cognitive functioning developmental disability that has a substantial functional limitation in the areas of learning and may also have a substantial functional limitation in their receptive and expressive language development and use, self-direction, capacity for independent living and economic self-sufficiency.
- Reside in St. Louis County
- Have a record of primary diagnosis of one or more of the following
- Learning Disorder
- Reading Disorder
- Math Disorder
- Disorder of Written Expression
- Expressive Language Disorder
- Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder
- Phonological Disorder
- Borderline Intellectual Functioning
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (typically level 1 and potentially level 2)
- Asperger’s Syndrome, Pervasive Developmental Disability or PDD (NOS)
- AD(H)D, or
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Individual meetings are the final step before an applicant is officially admitted to the program. This meeting is used to explain the policies of the program and what procedures must be followed in order to benefit from our services. If an applicant who has met all eligibility requirements agrees that our services match their personal needs and desires and that they are willing to participate under our policies, we move forward. If an applicant determines that our services and policies are not the best match for their needs at this time, we will gladly refer to other organizations in the area that may be a better fit.